Future for Religious Heritage (FRH) brings together people and organizations who want to save and protect Europe’s religious heritage. We are a not-for-profit association and are non-religious. With members in the NGO and business sector, universities, religious organisations and local and national governments, FRH provides a European-wide platform for cooperation, exchange of ideas and knowledge. Our office is based in Brussels, in the middle of the European quarter. It now has 3 staff members supported by dedicated and passionate volunteers. FRH’s governing body is the Council, which currently has 11 members. FRH is one of the 35 organisations which have been selected by the European Commission to participate in the implementation of the European Year of Cultural Heritage in 2018.
Job purpose summary
The post-holder will oversee the development of the project Religiana.
Religiana is a multilingual web app providing general information about religious heritage buildings in Europe, a support tool for managers of individual buildings and NGOs, and a feedback and donation tool for visitors. Religiana is available to individuals as well as organisations such as tourist offices, tour operators, guide books, and map makers. It is managed jointly by FRH and its members in different countries. Religiana aims to become the reference site in religious heritage – through effortless interlinking to other sites – and aims to become economically self-sustaining – through a small levy on donations.
- Increase the number of sites on-line and add content
- Improve the functionalities of Religiana to optimize user experience and visitors’ number
- Devise and implement marketing strategy to increase visibility and use of the tool
- Manage relationship with suppliers and other service providers
- Identify trends and emerging technologies, and optimize performance based on those trends
- Measure and report on the performance of the tool and assess against goals
- Support fundraising towards the project
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Where needed, provide support to the Council and the Executive Officer for administrativetasks
Qualifications and competences
- You have a university degree in digital marketing or a related field
- You have
- You have very good communication and commercial skills and a can-do attitude. You are proactive and not afraid to jump on the opportunities to pursue new relationships with key stakeholders
- You have a very good knowledge in UX and “mobile first” thinking. You are highly creative, with experience in identifying and engaging target audiences
- You have a basic knowledge of programming languages, their strengths and limitations. You have a very good knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- You have good project management skills and can meet tight deadlines
- You are highly interested in the cultural heritage and are used to work in European environment
- You have advanced English skills, spoken and written. Language skills in addition to English are a plus
Postuler sur Références.