Who we are
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day accounting activities for 4 Belgian legal entities and 1 Dutch entity. The accounting Supervisor will be responsible for the accounting from A to Z.
It is important for the Accounting Supervisor to work closely with our Revenue Controllers in Belgium and Netherlands and the Belgium/Netherlands Finance Manager.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Month, quarter, and end-year close reporting
- Accounts payable/receivable
- General ledger
- Payroll related accounting
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Fixed Assets
- VAT and tax reporting
- Other reporting both internally and to external parties
- Compliance in accordance with Belgian accounting rules and with Group and SOX policies
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Coordinate and complete annual statutory audits
- Assist in SOX, Internal audits
- Develop staff (2 team members) by managing performance, setting goals and providing ongoing training
Requirements & Skills
- Proven working experience as Accounting Supervisor
- Proven knowledge of accounting and fiscal principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and accounting software (Exact is a plus)
- Experience with SOX and internal audit are an advantage
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch (or French)
- Ability to direct and supervise
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on direct approach, pro-active personality
- Can work independently
- A challenging job in a happy, growing, and healthy company, working mainly in Antwerp but visiting our Brussels and Amsterdam office from time to time
- Great colleagues in an inspiring environment
- Obviously, a competitive salary with numerous fringe benefits and the necessary means to further improve your career.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.